Wednesday 10 February 2016

Updates and The Unknown Bloggers Award!

Hi everyone, it's Nikki. I hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Year. :) I'm sorry the dolls and I have been gone for such a long time. I've been sick for a lot of the time, and in between I've been really busy. Yesterday morning I was diagnosed with M.E. (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis - it's a form of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome), which means that while I will get better eventually, I may not improve much for quite a long time. I'm going to try to post as much as I can, but there may not be many "proper" posts (like photostories and things), and I may post a couple times in one week, but then not again for a month. I'm not planning on leaving this blog though - I'm just not well enough to post often. :) I will also create Anna and Elsa's blog as soon as I feel I have the time (either later this month after I've finished with the performances of a show I'm in, or early summer after my GCSE exams :)). Thank you so much understanding my disappearing all the time, and for your prayers. It really means a lot to me to know that you understand when I can't post, and that people are praying for me when I'm sick. :)

Sunny from Everything Fun Under The Sun nominated me for the Unknown Bloggers Award! Thank you!! :)

Here are her questions:

How long have you been blogging for?
Since November 4th, 2013 (I think - it might have been the 2nd). I started with my blog "My Dad, Doctor Who", which I'm not currently posting on anymore (I can't find the time, but I'd love to start it up again). :) A few days later, I made this blog. :)

What’s your favorite part of the blogging experience?
That's quite a hard one, but I think I enjoy being able to share stories and pictures with other people. I love writing, and doing things with my dolls, so it's great to be able to do those things and know that other people are enjoying it too. I also like talking to people in comments and making friends online through blogging! :)

What’s your favorite book genre?
Mystery. :) I love Sherlock Holmes! I also like suspenseful stories, and sweet ones like Anne Of Green Gables, or Swallows And Amazons.

Favorite subject in school?
Drama, if that counts. I don't technically do drama for school, since I'm homeschooled, but I do go to two drama groups, and I would do drama as a subject if I went to an actual school. ;) Otherwise probably Literature, but only if I'm reading something I like. ;) I also love History. :)
Would you rather have 200 followers or 200 comments?
 200 comments. I did have to think about that for a while, but I would definitely prefer the comments - 200 followers doesn't necessarily mean that 200 people are actually reading your blog, but 200 comments means that a lot of people enjoy your blog enough to take the time to say so, and it's really nice to be able to talk to people in the comments! :)


I nominate:

Flourishing By Restful Falls

Treasured Friendships With A Flair

Wack-A-Doodle-Dolls

An American Girl Doll Story

Amazingly Adollable


Here are my questions:

What's your favorite fairytale (any version you like)?
Favorite color?
Have you ever seen a live stage performance?
Do you like climbing trees? ;)
Do you play a musical instrument?

Thanks again for the award, Sunny! :) (And I'm sorry I didn't comment a 'thank you' on the post - I saw it, but I was sick and couldn't think very clearly, so I thought I would leave a comment when I felt a bit better, but I forgot. :P )

I hope everyone enjoyed this post. I try to put up the Christmas pictures as soon as I can! :)

7 comments:

  1. I hope you start feeling better soon! It's no fun to be sick all the time. :(
    Anyway, thanks for the award! Since I kind of stopped doing award posts, I'll answer your questions here:
    1. Favorite fairytale is hard...I do like the general story of Cinderella, though. :)
    2. My favorite color is blue!
    3. I have been to quite a few Southern Gospel concerts, which was a lot of fun. :)
    4. Yes, I love climbing trees!
    5. Yes, I play the violin, and I'm trying to learn the guitar.
    ~Christian Homeschooler

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) It is pretty frustrating being sick for so long, but not as much as when I first got sick - I've gotten used to it a bit, so instead of being frustrated that I can't do things, I mostly just miss the days when I could do them, if that makes sense. :P
      You're welcome! It's fine about not doing awards anymore (I nearly stopped a while ago but decided not to) - thanks for answering the questions anyway! :) Your answers are really similar to what mine would be, by the way! ;)
      -Nikki

      Delete
  2. I'm definitely praying for you! Get well soon!!! <3 <3 <3
    ~Madi~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nikki! I saw this post ages ago and kept meaning to comment but haven't gotten around to it until now. I am sooo sorry to hear that you're still not feeling well! :( I've been praying for you every day and am glad to hear that you will get better eventually. :)
    Also, it's no problem about not commenting! It's actually my fault in the first place...I think I forgot to leave a comment saying you were nominated. :P I'm glad you were able to do the award! :D
    Also, I didn't know you were homeschooled! That's great! :D (You probably already know this since you read my blog, but I'm homeschooled too. :) )
    *Sunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's alright about not commenting - I forget to comment on things all the time. ;) Thank you for praying. :)
      The award was fun! :)
      It's cool that you're homeschooled too! It's funny - lots of the people I meet online are homeschooled, but only one of my real-life friends has ever been homeschooled (and she goes to school now).

      Delete
  4. Hi Nikki,

    First, I want to say that I am praying for you and I hope that you are feeling better soon.
    I took a break from blogging for the first 2 months of 2016, but I am back to blogging now, and imagine my excitement when on my first day back to the blog world, I look at this post and see that I have been nominated for an award! I am very excited and will make a post for the award soon. Thank you so much for nominating me!

    ~Ellie : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ellie! :)
      I'm glad you're back to blogging; I love your photostories! I hope you have fun doing the award (and you're welcome). :)

      Delete